View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
evmdimples

Katie09 wrote: "It's my belief it would be far better to come up with a blueprint for living, than a way to avoid something."

Hmm, it's interesting you feel that 12-steps does not offer you that. I find that the 12 steps are a blueprint for living a healthier life. I've never felt that the program tells me what not to do/avoid, but rather gives me some guidelines and suggestions about what to do, to take care of all aspects of me in a healthy way: emotional, intellectual, physical, (spiritual). Meanwhile, I can't ignore what the ultimate goal for doing recovery work is: to abstain from certain behaviors that are detrimental to me living a healthy life. I guess it's all about what speaks to each person.

Interesting project nevertheless, and I'd like to see what you guys come up with! Who knows, I may like it better than 12 steps, lol! I'm always open to new things to make improvements in my life! I tend to tweak things to suit my needs better and I do this all the time with 12-steps (I take what I need and leave the rest.)