View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Ok...so I'm stumped....

just because a belief doesn't make me happy doesn't make it irrational does it....i looked at the readings on irrational beliefs and it seeemed like it could sorta include anything and everything you wanted to include or that someone else wanted to tell you was an irrational belief.

If every expereince i have had over the last 50 years tells me the belief is true....just because it's negative and painful..it can still be rational right???

I mean what is more reliable than that with wich we have direct expreeince with over and over and over again....????
I agree with you completely Ananda, in what I bolded and the rest as well. In fact, I just sent an email today echoing similar thoughts. There is depression (in my case) and negative and painful thoughts (in it sounds like our cases) that are valid. "The Secret" isn't going to magically make reality disappear. Perhaps I am being "negative," so please consider the source. FWIW, I will be 50 (yikes) in September. At times I think age (and hormones?) might have something to do with where I am at.