View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
crzylilmndfreak

ocd or racing thoughts?

OCD
What are obsessions?
Obsessions are thoughts, images or impulses which come into your head no-matter how hard you try to block them out. They are always about something dangerous or upsetting and they make you feel anxious, guilty or scared in case the thought is true. Obsessions can also be images of frightening or upsetting things, like stabbing someone or running someone over, or they may be urges to do something you don't want to do. Obsessions are always disturbing and unpleasant because they focus on things which are important to you and which you don't want to be true. Most people try to cope with their obsessions by reassuring themselves that the thought is not true or by doing something to lessen the risk of danger (e.g. checking the stove, washing your hands).

this describes my mind to a "T" could not be anymore right on the mark than that, unbelievable, but my question is this:

what is the difference in ocd?than racing thoughts??

I have been on Fluvoxomine, and was on the maximum dose, and had built up a tolerence to it, so was put on Colamopine, have only been on that for about 2 mo. but so far my obsessive thoughts have become worse. what are some other meds that ya'll have been on? do they work?what is the mg.?