Thread: I'm Tired
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
evmdimples

Ananda, for whatever it's worth and not to oversimplify or make light of things, but it seems there was very strange energy yesterday, draining many along my path as well. I myself became exhausted after my f2f, where there was not only rampant cross-talk and fixing, but vivid displays of anger and pure hatred, people were actually proudly embracing their hatred, something that is incomprehensible to me in the recovery process (and as a budding buddhist!). My plan for self-care involved staying out of harm's way for the rest of the day. I also know how it feels when posts go unanswered, at first I resented it. These days, I see it as a test to see how I cope when my "usual" recovery tools aren't working or available. It helps me dig deeper into my recovery toolbox and find new and unexpected resources. And as I stay the course, good things still happen to me no matter what's going on "out there" or within me. Yesterday I realized that part of my self care is not only staying out of my own way, but also staying out of other people's way if necessary. Today is a new day, with new possibilities. I hope you are in a better place. I am enjoying these secular threads as I read up on buddhist thought and begin to understand the teachings at the core/spirit level. And you are an integral part of this community. Please forgive if boundaries have been overstepped. As usual, only take what you need, leave the rest. Be well!