Thread: I'm Tired
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
sharing how i deal with a situation in sobriety is helpful...critizising how someone else deals with things in sobriety is not helpful.

I can critisiz till the cows come home and it doesn't give the person one single idea of other options.

I do the 12 steps and attend AA. However I am an athiest 90% of the time...

I am comfortable when i share the tools that work for me...some from AA, some from smart, some from just my own personal observations and expereince that seem to work for me.

I guess i talk about being godless in AA on the 12 step thread because i don't see a conflict with the program in doing that. I try to not talk directly about AA in secular because that seems to be of little value in supporting people here. Like i said i share the expereince, it doesn't have to be called AA to be of value. It can be secular in application.

I share quite a bit about AA in the 12 step secular section...well..it doen't get used much and doesn't seem to cause a problem.
I really got a lot out of this post Ananda. I agree that there are many similarities between programs, and find insight in your ESH.

I also wish the 12 Step Secular section had more traffic.