Thread: Studying my DOC
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
Katie, is the SOMA you mentioned the muscle relaxor? Because I take a muscle relaxor called SOMA and have for many years but I'm not addicted to it I just take 1 before sleeping.

I think I must be a blueberry too because I was definetly a blackout drunk (I don't remember much of anything during 2 decades of my life) but when I nearly died 2 yrs ago I accepted on my own that I couldn't handle drinking and haven't since but I didn't have any kind of treatment and only went to about a dozen AA meetings; I've just done the work on my own. So I guess I don't belong here?

Judy
Yes, that is it. I know what you mean about taking it for sleeping purposes. I have a friend who gets high off of it. I just tend to get relaxed and sleepy. I think the point is that all of these drugs affect us differently, due to our unique chemistries. For example, I cannot tolerate pot due to paranoia, so that could never be my thing. Guess I am lucky in that regard. But I can tolerate prescription drugs as I know what they will do and they are predictable - to me at least - hence my preference for them over alcohol. But - I am not about to break the law for them lest I get thrown in the slammer.