View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
jamdls

Like the others said it doesn't matter what you call it, maybe you have the makings of an alcoholic or maybe you have the makings of a hard drinker. Only you can decide when enough is enough. I was like you for many years, when I drank I generally drank too much but there were occassions where I had just 1 or 2. I was very quiet and alcohol opened me up, people liked the friendly flirtatous me, they liked me so much I often woke up in the morning with one beside me in bed and didn't even know their name. As the years went by the drinking took more and more a toll on me and the drunken things I did in my 20s that I could laugh off weren't quite so funny when I was in my 40s... I missed out on so much life because I was either drunk and don't remember or I was hungover and not a participant. If you think you have a problem then you have a problem. If you can learn to drink in moderation then good for you, just know that it you would have to be alert to your drinking at all times and not let down your guard.

Judy