Thread: Studying my DOC
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
stone

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Sorry Stone, but we will have to agree to disagree here. When you wake up with the shakes and only a drink works, you know there is a physical dependence going on. That is the psychiatric term for alcoholic and I much prefer it. I've had this happen on several occasions - the shakes. A couple of times I thought I was going to seize. However, one can never discount the powerful mental addiction as well. Something that was really weird - I was on 400 mgs of a mood stabilizer. I had a bottle of wine in my refrigerator for a month and FORGOT it was there. No - to me - this really is a cellular deal. Oh, ,and BTW, alcohol WILL kill during withdrawals. I know of no other "drug" capable of doing that. Oh, except for Benzos. Point is, they are all such powerful CNS's that they do kill if not medically managed when severe.
What are we disagreeing about? I know there is such a thing as physical addiction to alcohol.

After that month had passed with the bottle of wine in your fridge, what made you start drinking again? Not your physical addiction cos that was passed, it was your mind that lead you to drink again.