Thread: Studying my DOC
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I'm honestly not sure what I am. I am most definitely addicted to pot and alcohol on some level. When I was clean for 4 1/2 months, what I craved doing, and what I eventually went back to was smoking pot. I got used to having it around, then I ran out. So, I turned to beer because I can just go the store and buy it. I was doing pretty good at keeping it light, but the longer I couldn't find weed, the more I used alcohol. Sunday, while hanging out with friends, I ended up drinking enough to lose track of how much I was consuming. All of a sudden, I became overwhelmed, could barely stand up. My friends took me the whole 2 blocks home and I crashed on the bed, fully dressed until my gf came home. Yesterday, I drank 2 beers to try to kill the hangover, nothing more. Today, I am jittery (I'm sure the coffee didn't help) and still feel hungover (please no more spinning smilies, lol). I want weed, but it's dry. I know a couple of beers will make me feel better.. for a while. And I could have a couple and stop like I did yesterday. But, if I keep drinking, unless I am very careful, eventually I'll probably overdue it again.
Yes, DK. Only you know what you are. And labels are not all that useful. However, if I had my druthers, I'd do nothing but eat SOMA. But I spent too much time in court and am just not willing to go back there (in a professional capacity. My ONLY legal issue is with that SOB rehab in CA). So, am I an addict, really? I am only willing to go to the lengths of something that is legal. I dunno. What I know for sure is that red wine is only healthy in moderation. And I don't moderate. And I have had the shakes. I guess that makes me "something." And kudos to you for NOT drinking beers. That does say something - you don't like beer or you're not alcohol dependent? I dunno. Oh, and coffee SURE doesn't help. I had two cups and was shaking. Go figure.