Old 04-27-2009, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

what can a domestic violence shelter do for me?? i already go to a therapist.
First of all they do more than just 'shelter.'

They have more than 'just therapists' and their therapists are used to working with folks and children who have been ABUSED whether it is physically, mentally and/or emotionally.

Third, they have RESOURCES. Resources to viable, affordable LEGAL HELP familiar with this type of situation, housing, relocation, jobs, etc. You won't know just how much the particular shelters have in your area, until you GO TALK TO THEM.

Did your children see the powder? You may say no but how do you know for sure.

Your FEAR of the 'unknown' has your feet stuck to the floor.

Maybe, just maybe your FEAR of what is right now, is making you have this 'bad day'.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

I know that when you are not emotionally attached to a situation it is very easy to tell someone what to do.
No I am NOT telling you what to do. I am telling you what I HAD TO DO when in a very similar situation, only with a 'military man' that addiction had progressed to violence (and I didn't know it).

I don't believe you have hit your 'bottom' yet. I was like you, I waited and I waited, for the 'right timing', and yes we had a rental property to sell, and wanted to see how much his military 'retirement' was so I would have all the info for the attorney, and and and, .................................... and then one mid morning, yes I said mid morning, with no conversation going on, or fight or anything, a fist came out of no where and caught my left cheek bone (yes he broke it). I was in the kitchen, I was near the knife rack, I did grab the biggest one I could handle (and my knives were razor sharp). I picked up the phone with left hand and dialed 911. He went to jail, I went to hospital and got face fixed and then to DV Shelter.

I hope you don't wait that long. They can SNAP in a NANO SECOND. I do know where of I speak.

also, he is going for an interview on May 8th for a job that he really wants.
Do you honestly believe, he is going to get that or any other job. Most jobs today require a drug test and many are now using the 'hair follicle' test rather than urine, and with his 'increased' usage that you are describing, got a news flash. AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. Hate to burst your bubbles, but just trying to hopefully prevent you from going through further h*ll and reaching the h*ll I went through before getting out.

J M H O

Love and hugs,