Thread: Sex Inventory?!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
McGowdog

I don't know how long you've been sober, but I really didn't get a good chunck of my 1st step realization until I went to do a 5th step with this crazy Monday Night group in Denver.

I'd been working with a guy in that group who told me how to write inventory. He didn't so much care about the length of it or its content so much... he just told me to take it life and death serious and do the best I can.

But once I showed up at his doorstep to 5th step it, After he had sent me home and told me to rewrite it, he invited me in and had me sit down.

He told me a little about himself and his drinking and then he asked my to share with him about my own drinking and why I was there; why I thought I was an alcoholic and what I really wanted with AA. I thought he was doubting my qualifications of being an alcoholic or something. He was about 62 and had been sober for longer than I was old and I was nervous. So I talked about how I drank and got in detail about how it was with me and booze; how I drank, how I tried to control it, how I arranged to be surrounded by booze and was careful to not run out, what it was like when I stopped or was abruptly separated... before I knew it, I was on fire and could really see and experience this like it was happening.

He then stopped me and said... "do you now believe, that God can do for you..." We were then in Step 2. Then he had me do the 3rd Step prayer. Then he told me to read my inventory to him. It was a profound experience and I really touched my 1st Step like I never had before.