View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 09:33 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
AnthonyV

We may have to agree to disagree. I can empathize with your distrust of doctors.

I guess I should consider myself fortunate, I have an understanding doctor that respects that I am a knowledgeable, informed health-care consumer and demand a certain level of care. I guess it also helps that I knew my doctor as a friend before I chose him to be my primary care provider and he knows that I do a lot of my own research. I came into his office with information on both Chantix and Campral when I wanted him to prescribe them to me. I came in armed with where I wanted to go with my treatment and he respected that. I guess maybe it's foolish of me to think that everyone can find that kind of understanding physician. He has been very patient with me in my struggle to quit drinking. He knew it took me years to quit smoking (but am now smoke free 2 years 8 months) and he knows that I'm putting the same effort to quit drinking. It's a process and a destination and isn't as easy as making a decision.

I wish you the best in your journey. And I hope you have plenty of support, (personal, family and professional/medical) along the way. Peace.