View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

Do any of you have a success story --- an addict staying sober even while keeping the bad influences in their life? I just want to be informed.
As long as an addict is playing on the same playground with the same playmates they will never stay clean..

She is living with her grandma for free now (she had been living there since october) and does not have a job. She said she wants to get one, but really wants to make AA a priority. I am hopeful for that, but where we live there seems to be 10 meetings on the hour, every hour so it seems like more of an excuse to me.
Why should she get a job when her Grandmother and other family members are enabeling her.

She made it 2 weeks in rehab before she was kicked out for breaking too many rules.
My guess from everything that you are saying... she is still using.. Red flags are everywhere... getting kicked out of rehab shows she wasn't serious, hanging out with the same crowd, recipie for disaster.. Just because someone goes to an AA or NA meeting does not mean that they are clean.. My AH went to AA and NA almost religiously his first time around.. picked up chips and the whole nine yards and all the while he was still using..

I have never heard of anyone smoking OXY's.. snorting them yes, smoking them no.. are you sure it was herion and not oxy's that she was smoking.. ( although oxy's are just a pill form of herion so it's basicly the same thing) I say this because opiates are the devil to get off of.. two weeks in rehab is not even the tip of the iceburg for an opiate addiction..

What are you doing for you and how much does this friendship mean to you? My advice is not to get involved and distance yourself from her entirely... sounds cruel but if you stick around you will be sucked into a world of chaos and insanity without ever picking up the first drug..