View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
jamdls

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I guess I'm not an alcoholic, I just have serious mental problems and use alcohol and pot to cope. Which means I don't belong here, which makes me really sad, which makes me want to drink, or smoke pot, or drop acid, or just smash my head against a wall, or nail my foot to the floor board of my Ford (or Subaru)...
I'm fairly new here but it sounds to me like you belong here, I've read lots of posts where people have said that you helped them, and that DK, is a big part of what makes life work.
I have been in and out of therapy for PTSD, depression, psychosis whatever for 25 years, even my psychiatrist told me she did not consider me an alcoholic she said I drank to self medicate, and boy did I self medicate...Alcohol itself is not even what nearly killed me it was a prescription drug overdose. But the overdose would never have occured had I not been drunk, so I have not drank since and never will again because I never again want to lose control the way alcohol makes me lose control. And ya know what else, since I quit drinking I've come to terms with what caused the PTSD and depression, I've dealt with it and I'd say at least 75% of the time if not more I'm a happy healthy person.

Hugs

Judy