Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
jamdls

This has been a good weekend for me. I took a step, what felt like a big step to me; I used to go to this little Italian restaurant a lot and get take out then I would go right across the street from the restaurant and get a bottle or 3 of wine to go with the food then go home and have my party for 1. I had not been back to this restaurant since I got sober 9-1-07, I couldn't imagine having a nice pasta dinner w/o the wine. Well Friday night I ordered my spaghetti dinner, pulled out of the parking lot facing the beer/wine store, drove right past it and came home and had a really nice party for 1 WITHOUT the wine! The food tasted just as good if not better! Yesterday I spent nearly 5 hours planting 52! flowers, cleaning up leaves in the yard, and putting down some more grass seed in the spots I missed a couple of weeks ago. I am soooooo sore from all the yard work but at least I understand these aches... I even got to babysit my grandson last night for a couple of hours. I'm happy today, cleaned the house this morning and I'm going to the grocery store and I'm going to fix myself a dinner later. It seems likely that my aches and pains are a vitamin D deficiency, I do not eat well at all and I'm changing that. I still appreciate that I get to spend weekend WITHOUT hangovers!