View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Eroica

Wow great answers. You know, when I was reading the responses I got a sense that some people care so bad and they don't want to lose the person they love so much that they make stupid choices. But since its
*termed* as something-codependency, deemed wrong in some way to feel that way. No doubt negative consequences come out of it, but I would see the oppositte as the disease-just not giving a crap at all. I don't think think there's anything wrong with that caring feeling no matter how intense it is.. the worst consequences happen because its taken advantage of by the other party. And once you realized you're deceived and taken advantage of, you'll most likely stop the behavior at some point. If you can't stop then it might have to do with your own issues of depression or self esteem. But everyone wants to "control" the people they love, not literally controlling them but wanting to see them turn out a certain way... and because they love them they're prepared to make choices that they know are bad.

That said, yes, I understand that for some peple who's lives have become so unmanageable because of "being there" for people that its impossible for them to function, they need help.