Thread: Torn
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
Just querious Paul. Do you feel you have been heard on your thread?

What I have heard is, your ambivalent about having sobriety or periodic alcoholic abuse. That is to say that your torn between the two. What interest me is all the responses you have been given. Are some of them helpful and are there those that do frustrate the matter? What would you like me to do so as to be helpful to you need to be encouraged and supported?
Hey Zen, yeah, I think I've been heard fine.

I've heard lots of ideas and have much to think about. I have a week to make up my mind as to what I want to do (for my therapist). I have a hard time relating to the folks who's alcohol addiction has been really severe, because most of the time I drink just enough to catch a buzz. And I could probably go on for years without ever becoming severely physically addicted, etc. But the thing is, I do get obsessed with having that buzz everyday, and the longer I keep it up, the harder it is to break the habit again. If I have pot, I can leave alcohol alone for the most part, but that become habitual as well. I seem to be habitual about everything I do, for better or worse, this forum included. So, the ambivalence is whether I want to live my live slightly medicated much of the time or face the world straight. And of course, I know which is the healthier choice, and I had a 4 1/2 month taste of it. The CBA is probably a good idea, and part of my therapists assignment. I hope that makes sense to somebody, lol...