Thread: Torn
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
digderidoo

Originally Posted by Doorknob
I totally hear what your saying, Paul. So, if you were to do that, what would happen for you come Monday?
I'd feel like sh*t.

I could probably go Monday without a drink if i wanted in all honesty. I'm not going to lie to you and pretend to be a chronic alcoholic and say i would get drunk Monday, i have been once, but in the end of my drinking days i had a few days off and a few days on.

But i would want one on Tuesday or possibly Wednesday. My problem is though i can't have one, it would have to be a number.

Then the next day would come and i would feel like sh*t again.

So maybe i'd treat Thursday as the beginning of the weekend.

I'd be like this for a maybe 3 or 4 weeks. Something may happen, an argument with the ex, or someone winding me up and i'd say to myself i could with a pint....i would never say to myself i need a drink to relieve anxiety, but in saying i could do with a pint that's exactly what i'm saying.

After a month of a few days on and a few days off, my whole life would be either getting drunk or feeling like sh*t whilst i'm off the drink. Either way my life will become geared by alcohol.

If you can go out and have fun with just one, two or maybe three drinks and not think about a drink over the following couple of days then good for you...all i know is that i can't

....and i suspect you can't either, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Paul