Thread: Torn
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

1) Many alcoholics go to AA with a desire to quit drinking, and AA welcomes them with open arms;
2) Many alcoholics w/o a desire to quit drinking go to AA (court-ordered perhaps), and AA doesn't tell them they don't belong there;
3) Many non-alcoholics with a desire to quit drinking go to AA (open meetings, at least), and AA doesn't tell them they don't belong there;
4) Many non-alcoholics w/o a desire to quit drinking go to AA (open meetings, at least), and AA doesn't tell them they do not belong there.

SR is just a recovery website, with message boards, blogs, and chat rooms, and they don't even have guidelines as strict (sic) as AA, therefore, NOBODY here, especially no member, has the right to tell anybody else that they do not belong on this site.....(barring 'terrorrists' or maliscious folks [stalkers and the like], of course).

DK, you are welcome here, at least by moi, and by a lot of others, if this thread is to be believed.....lol Feel free to just lurk and read, and/or post your questions any time.....good heavens, how is one expected to learn if he/she can't ask questions.....? If you're feeling a bit hesitant regarding posdting, feel free to 'PM' or e-mail me (see my profile for that). I'm always open for questions and throwin' out my ES&H.....Well, I may not be open all hours, 24/7, but since I am a bit old, I'm online at all kinds of crazy houirs.....LOLOL

You take care DK....we're all here and rootin for ya (well, most of us anyway).

NoelleR