Thread: Torn
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by desertdonna View Post
I don't know what you mean by this. If you are saying that you've given in to temptation or slipped, fine. It happens to many. You've been trudging this road here on SR since 2005. Others have also, and that's fine, too.
I was just saying that I sometimes fear bringing others down with me. I didn't "slip", I quite consciously chose to go back.

Staying sober isn't easy for any of us. It's damn hard at times. But that's what we do here, support one another in staying sober because we know what the alternative brings. It's a long haul, but that's what most of us here are in it for.

It's up to you, Paul. What do you want? How are you going to live the most authentic life possible? If it's drinking and smoking pot, that's your choice. Sure, we'll miss your clever little quips here and there. But we'll also miss getting to know the real you and watching you grow, celebrating your victories and being here for you when the going is tough.

Sorry, I'm not in the mood for pleasant jousting regarding this subject, as I've seen too much destruction lately from the wonderful world of chemical dependency to make light of it.
I'm certainly not trying to make light of substance use, just trying to figure out what I really want.

I hope you find your way, my friend.
Thanks, me too!