Thread: Torn
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ananda

aawwww DK (hug)

so....yep, i've heard about this before and been there....it's possible that at some level it can be fun...but it was truley more awful than fun for me the last go around.

Stanley cup finals with a few beers....that peaceful feeling, sitting on the back pourch 1/2 toasted....looking out of my beautiful garden i'd spent years perfecting, a nice drink at the end of a sucessful work day to relax...

Unfortuantley...after that first spring...I never stayed awake long enough to see another hocky game, That beautiful yard turned to sht....no flowers, grass in sad shape, all my roses and lilies gone, and i forgot somewhere along the line what a sucessful day at work was...just more drudge through a meaningless job for me.

Once that seductive quality of "fun" has snuck into the drinking and using...i'm not sure how you get it turned around back to sobriety. By the time i realized i wasn't having fun anymore I was so into the physical side of the addiction it took me years to finally manage to get sober again

Stay as safe as you can and get back as quick as you can (hug) LY