Old 04-22-2009, 01:15 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
I'll give you the short version. The main thing is this: I went to visit my ex this weekend. We had a good time hanging out, had a barbecue, etc. It was a lot like we were before all the drugs when we were FRIENDS. Yesterday I started getting voice mails and text messages from his once-and-future girlfriend (they break up every few weeks then get back together). Like, scary "Next time I see you I'm going to whoop your @$$" messages. And she won't stop. I did not reply but they just kept coming. Tomorrow I'm getting a new phone number and no way in hell I'm giving it to ex. So though we had managed to regain a little of our friendship I guess that's not really possible.

The usual end -of-semester insanity ensues and I'm stressed out about that. But that's actually sort of a good thing; at least I have something to focus on.

But even more than that, I don't know what the deal is. I feel depressed and it is more than fighting with a friend or being stressed out but I don't know what it is. I'll be ok for a day or two at a time but I can't pull myself out of it.
With your ex and his girlfriend, my opinion is to steer clear of both of them, and definitely change your number if you can easily. It doesn't soound like any good will come of that at least for now.

Exams can be stressful, but I agree studying does keep you occupied and focused on things that shouldn't upset or depress you.

Do you do any sports? A good workout or a jog does a lot of good!

If you can't pull yourself out of a depressed state, go talk to your doctor that's what they are there for, he might suggest something or someone who could help you .