View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

An update on Amber.

She had the second surgery and it has been determined that she will have to have a 3rd and possibly a 4th next week. She is doing ok. In alot of pain and really upset that she is still facing so much more with surgery. They have to put a rod in her shin and take some muscle from either the leg or the stomach are to replace over the fracture as there is nothing there and if she ever wants to walk right again.

Ambers spirits are pretty low. I am going down to sit with her tomarrow for the day so hr mom can come home for a little bit and take care of some things. She doesnt want Amber left alone for long periods of time yet. I have my own household to care for and cant stay there during the week. But I think one day this weekend I will go down to sit with her overnight so her mom and dad can be home for a bit. They need to regroup too. Like Ive said before, I consider Amber as much a part of my family as my own girls.

So I am gonna go down and make her laugh silly to lighten her up. This will be the 1st time Ive seen her since they took her on a stretcher from the hospital.

Please continue your prayers for Amber and her family. My girls are ok but they are having some hard times with their anxiety of the 'what if's'. Like Savannah could have very well gone thru the windshield if it was for the airbag. Or if Amber had swerved and hit the side one of them would be dead. Im having a hard time getting them to stay in the moment and just be grateful that this is all that has happened. The younger sisters are angry on why the consequences were so great. I explained to them that we all pay for our mistakes. Well they cant see how this is the price for just having fun. I think I will turn this over to my HP and also the counselor that my youngest sees.

This has been hard on both our families cause we are all so close. I think one day this weekend, Im gonna take all the girls for just a fun night with no worries. I dont know. They need to get away from this I think.