View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Hi, Happy Birthday.

I sometimes felt like you, and I'm glad it didn't happen often because it's true that kind of thinking can really get you down.
Fortunately for me I usually don't care for people to wish me my birthday, I don't care for shows of emotion and such. It's nice to be remembered, especially if we aren't real sure of ourselves, it helps us feel loved. I guess I got over it easily because I know I'm loved, and I don't need anyone to tell me so. Maybe it's because I finally like myself. I know I would hate to forget anyone's birthday, but I'm sure I've done it before. I do my best, I try to please, to be thoughtful, to be helpful, and I go out of my way to avoid hurting people's feelings, but knowing the world as I do, I do not expect the same of others.
At any rate for today, try to think of nicer things. Things you like to do and can do for yourself. It's Sunday maybe there's a good program on TV or maybe you can take a walk. Being sober is a great gift to yourself too. But do something nice for yourself, it's your birthday.