View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
digderidoo

My sober birthday...could do with a rant

Hi all, it's my birthday today 39 :-/ I am not here wanting birthday wishes but could do with a rant.

If i'm honest i feel like sh*t. I don't expect a lot but it would be nice to have at least a text or email wishing me happy birthday from my parents and brother or even my best mate.

I don't expect one from my mother, she's a Jehovah's Witness so doesn't celebrate it, i can accept that. But my dad always forgets my birthday, i always give him a hint, same for my brother. I am always the one to organise a meal for my father and brother, always make an effort. I always take the kids around to see them. As kids we didn't celebrate it, due to being JW's but we've left that now many, many years. I keep telling myself that's the reason but that's just an excuse i am making for them as we celebrate them now and have done for many years.

Friday night i went out and my brother didn't come, fair enough, but friends did. I really thought this year that i would at least get a phone call or something.

Thing is it's my nan's birthday today too, she will not ring, never has. But my father, i know, will take her out for a meal along with aunties and maybe cousins and not invite me. The last two years he has phoned me, and i was a bit choked.

My brother has no excuses, he has even made a silly comment on facebook so he knows it's today. I always make an effort to meet him for his, and nothing coming this way.

My best friend who has his issues, always phones me on his birthday to come around as he doesn't want to be on his own, yet i know he has forgot mine.

I guess it all makes me feel like a mug. Today is my first sober birthday and if i'm honest i feel like getting wrecked. I will not do, but i wish i was getting drunk. Please be assured though that this will not happen.

I am certainly not going to phone anyone to remind them, but surely it's not too much to ask for a phone call or text or something? Many friends have. I have had a decent morning, my children were here and they made an effort, which was good. But now they have gone back at their mothers i really feel like sh*t.

Paul