View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
I'm feeling lonely too. Very lonely. I don't know why??? What do I expect from people? Friends are nice.. they give advice.. support you, yada yada. But that seems to not be enough for me. I hate this about me, but I definately need reasurrance from people that they care about me, even though I'm not good at expressing myself in that regard. I don't need compliments to boost my ego, or to be told I'm needed.. not that.. Just *lots* and *lots* of affection as proof of feelings...probably more than most people are willing to give.
Gee, I wish I could give you advice on that, but I must be just the opposite of you. I shy away from signs of affection except from my grandkids. It's probably because I'm so sensitive. If anyone shows me too much gratitude or affection I end up crying. I can't watch lots of movies and TV shows because I tear up so badly that I can't even appreciate them, and of course I worry that someone would make fun of me, not that it really matters, there's nothing I can do about it. So just keep posting you won't feel so alone with all of us here on the forum.