View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
Hi people. I have no complaints so I don't post much and since I don't do AA people often don't seem to appreciate my "advice". When I'm lonely I usually rearrange some furniture or other decor.

I have been getting really annoyed at people (not online) lately whenever they talk about drinking! These people are not alcoholics but most of them know that I am and yet they casually talk about some great drink they had and I just want to smack them over the head! It doesn't make me miss drinking it's just I hate alcohol because I spent decades of my life at the bottom of a bottle. I have this 1 neighbor who always carries a drink with her while she walks her dog and it is quite obvious it's not soda or water. She very well may be alcoholic but that's her problem. Anyhow every time I see her I just want to I don't know hit her or something! I don't even know her except I see her walk her dog some times she lives a couple of blocks from me. Does anyone else ever have the urge to beat up drunks??? :
I'm sure we'd all accept your advice on secular, not too many of us do AA.

As for the urge to beat up drunks, no I can't recall ever feeling that way, but I do get a smirk on my face now when I watch someone who has had a little too much do silly things. I'm so glad it isn't me !