View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

AWESOME great honest post Christin - I absolutely agree. Everyone's got an opinion - mine is an addict is an addict -- and those addictive behaviors can be geared towards any abusable substance. I also think any substance can be abusable (in addition to opiates INCLUDING Subutex for me? caffeine, nicotine, sugar and carbs, excedrin, tv, SR, picking at stuff, being perpetually 15 mins late to life - shall i go on?? )

An effective sub regime is one where you take your dose all at the same time and don't take it again until 24hrs later - this is how the medicine is designed to work. My doctor says that he allows the 'pill people' (meaning those addicted to pills as opposed to IV, etc) to split their dose btw 2or3x a day to begin with and then get down to one -- if not they freak out --- I know I did! Just as Christin said....I would swear up and down 5 to 7 hrs after taking my 8mg pill I was in w/d again! My dr said impossible, in your head! then changed it to 'maybe your more sensitive than others' --- I'm still trying to get down to once a day from twice a day--- but I'll tell you --- whether it's in my head or not?? It's hard!! i've trained myself to pop a pill every time I feel the slightest twinge, pain or anxious moment - getting out of that routine I swear is the most difficult part of breaking the cycle of addiction for me. Sure, I could go nibbling on a subutex every time my blood pressure rose or a difficult case slid across my desk...but what would be the point of me taking it then? I may as well go back to keeping a handful of percs on hand. The one aspect of my addiction I obsessed more (okay, as much) about as the high and numb part, was my routine --- until that changes I'm still the same old pill head.

Last edited by Shellslove; 04-16-2009 at 12:36 PM.