View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SteppingItUp
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

:praying

(((((((((((((((((((Big Tish-shaped hug))))))))))))))))

I know you really want to make this happen.

This is going to be an obvious question, but have you spoken with your doctor about the pain?

If the situation were different, I might say to reduce the sub when you can, but I don't want to do that if there's an underlying issue.

I don't know what kind of back issue you're dealing with either, and if it's been a chronic problem for you in the past. All I can say is that I think that when you start going off of pain killers, it can feel like your problem is getting worse before it gets better. I think our pain sensitivity can go way up. I don't have back problems, but my back was aching for weeks, first when I stopped the H and then even worse for a week or two after I stopped taking methadone. It was so strong and unexpected that I started worrying if I had been hiding a serious problem under the drugs for a long time without knowing it. In time, it has gotten so much better, and I realized that I don't have a back problem...I had a withdrawal problem. I have a feeling that your situation is really different, but I thought I'd share that with you just in case any of it might apply.

If you need moral support on any of this, just lead the way in whatever direction positive direction we can go.