View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by gerryP View Post
Hi again Katie,

In the beginning, I used to "LAY DOWN" haha. I did.... and it worked.

Swim, Yoga, (you have a pool, I think you mentioned?), went to a bookstore, got the paper and went to a Starbucks to read it and have tea. Read cookbooks and tried recipes I hadn't tried (changed focus and felt accomplishment) At one point in time, I decided I was going to make pastry doe for pies and prefect it, I'm still working on that one, but they're edible now. I would call a friend who wasn't in AA so I could distract myself from the subject of alcohol. I would walk, walk and keep walking (Love to walk)
Hi again to you!

Excellent ideas. I guess I just always forget there are a number of things to do. I got an aircard for my computer specifically so I could go to Starbucks and go online but have never done so. I have around 200 cookbooks and may get my interest back in that soon. Laying down is wonderful too. I should be walking as soon it won't be possible due to the high temps here. Yes, I have a pool but haven't used it more than a handful of times in the past four years, but may do so this summer if I buy a new thing to float on (my little dog drowned in my pool four years ago so it's been tough to use. In fact, I won't even maintain it myself, but I digress). Thanks for all these ideas!