View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SugarScars
Live it

Marvel,

and anyone else considering suboxone treatment,

Please go to your suboxone doctor and be completely honest about everything you are doing. He/She will give you detox meds (clonopin, most likely, which is nearly the same as xanax ... along with clonodine for tremors and this other medication for nausea and vomiting). He/She may give you a different cocktail, I don't know. He or she is the doctor, NOT me and NOT you.

I know that when you're on the streets you get used to taking matters into your own hands. However, I recommend treating yourself AS A PATIENT and allowing your doctor and his/her medical staff to TREAT YOU AS A PATIENT, literally. Honestly, we don't know as much as we think we know. WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, no matter how long we've been using on the streets.

Please just be honest with your doctor and follow his advice. He is a power greater than you right now.

You'd be surprised, but the simple act of submitting yourself to treatment paves the way for growth in twelve-step programs as well. There's no better time to start getting better than right now.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Sugar xo