View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by californiapoppy View Post
On bad days I go outside and go for a BRISK walk ,one half hour minimum, even if I have too many other things to do, even if it's raining. Somehow just being outside, maybe it's the oxygen, who knows, helps me get things into a better perspective. If I'm able to remember (and that's not usual) I also tell myself, that everytime I feel awful, that life is just too much, that I'm overwhelmed, I don't have enough money, I don't have a job, how am I going to manage?...usually the next day or the day after I end up wondering how I could have gotten myself into such a tizzy. Sometimes things just iron themselves out, sometimes they aren't as scarey the next day and sometimes I can just say "Big deal", or "so what". And now I can also tell myself that drinking only made me even more scared, I can say "big deal" so much easier now !
Thanks, Californiapoppy. As a result of your post and Phal's, I will do five whopping minutes on my elliptical cross trainer today. Oh sure, it's nothing, but it is a baby step. I used to do 45, but I have to start somewhere. I always have said working out saves my butt, and I feel great afterwards, but I just have to get back into the routine. And I like your comment that sometimes things just iron themselves out.