Old 04-13-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
gerryP

DB,

I can see that all of this is very difficult for you and I'm sorry for that. I truly am.

I think your letter is a good one if it's purpose is to serve as a way for you to see WHY this is not a healthy relationship and very likely never will be. My guess is that you won't hear from her, because you may be appearing to be more work than your worth, as seen by her.

As difficult as it may seem DB I think it's time to cash in your chips with this one. My guess is that you are spinning your wheels and will come out the other end (if you do) drained, angry and feeling used and abused. Your gf based on the little we know is not emotionally well and her binging is a symptom of what grave problems she has. To stop drinking is the easy part. Dealing with what causes the drinking and staying stopped is the harder part. It doesn't appear that after 2 stints in rehab. she wants to figure out what those issues are.

As far as the KD goes, I would give her your ticket so she can go with a friend or not go at all. As far as anything she has of yours or you of hers, UPS it. Cut the tie and move forward, so you can find someone that you can honestly have a loving caring and healthy relationship with.

I wish you well DB.