View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ToABetterMe

Originally Posted by PaleMale View Post
Today is my first 24 hours. I've gone dry before, and had little or no withdrawal, besides minor 'pink elephants'.

The hardest part is that my wife will not stop drinking with me. She still wants to moderate, while we talk about it, we haven't moderated. If anything, she has started increasing how much she is drinking. But that will have to be her story.

My story starts today, once and for all. The biggest challenge is NOT buying some wine on the way home from work. The second challenge will avoiding my wife's bottles of wine.

So I just found this forum, and will try to use it to help me keep my promise to myself. I'm done being a drunk. I hate the hangovers. The guilt. The stupid things I say drunk, etc.

A new life. Thanks.
So glad you found us!

I can tell you I am in the same boat as far as SO not wanting to quit.
Infact after I got my DUI & told him how I needed my life to change, and we both drink to much etc.
His drinking increased! And I cant tell you how many times he has driven after drinking. You think he would learn from my mistake. He was the one that had to bail me out of jail, its cost us tons of $, and I dont get a license back for another month.

I hope you cn do this for you. & stay here for support.

:ghug