Thread: in a rut
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

What you describe, Meditation, sounds pretty familiar to me too. I can handle my own clutter, it's true my office is cluttered with papers, but I know exactly where everything is. Other people's clutter gets on my nerves, and I don't dare throw it ALL away.
For losing weight, I finally went to weight watcher's and it was a BIG help. I hated to weigh in front of anyone and not have lost weight, so I followed the rules pretty carefully on the 4 days that preceded the reunion, and was a little more slack on the other days, but it worked real well anyway, and now I have pretty much adapted myself to better cooking and eating habits thanks to that.
Is there any reason you can't go off on a weekend vacation? I went with a girlfriend last year to a sort of health resort for 2 days, healthy food, massages, aquagym, workouts, and all sorts of things. (She got lucky and won a weekend for 2 persons and didn't have a boyfriend at the time, so I went with her and left (shamefully of course) my family alone for the weekend) Sometimes, that's the thing to do !! I felt radiant ! Coming home was a bit of a drag, but I got used to it fast.