View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad your posting and sharing how you're feeling. I've learned from experience that, unfortunately, the Psychiatrists are the one's who basically just write the Rx's, it's the Psychologists, Counselors . . . who you actually talk with. There's a big difference.

I remember one group of Psychiatrists in the area who I went to when I was using. . . they had a reputation for writing scripts for just about whatever a patient, who had the cash of course, wanted. I would walk in the room, could be telling him that I was a Mass Murderer who was drug dependent on Benzos and only killed when under the influence and he would have just smiled, nodded his head, handed me the Rx for Benzos and say, "See you in a month"

When I was using, they were an addicts dream, now, it frightens me to think of how many people go in there, cash or insurance card in hand, and walk out with whatever they want.

I hope you do tell the new Dr. how you are feeling. There are meds out there that do help with anxiety (which I assume you are taking them for) but don't cause the feelings of being high and drunk. And you're right, it's so easy to switch addictions from alcohol to Benzos or any other drug. That's why it's sooooo important that we all be completely honest with all of our doctors.

Prayers,
Judy