View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
Katie

So you've taken his ****** doll out of the boiling pot of water??! Seriously, there isn't a coping skill for ex's besides limiting contact (just my biased opinion).
I took the ****** doll out of the boiling water some time ago. I wonder what happens if I repeatedly throw it against the wall? Just kidding. I'm actually finding the High Road is a lot easier to deal with than the Low Road.

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Hmm, maybe I am reading more into this than I should. If he is indeed clean now, I wonder if you'll talk to him again in the context of getting back together. Just be careful, ok? I know the trickiness of all of this. OTOH, I hope you are just truly grateful that he is clean. I know, for me, that I'd probably get sucked back into something. Not saying that is your reality, just sharing my own. And, of course, you realize I am projecting my own reality on to you, right? My own fears, my own stuff. One has to be aware of this, as am I.
I am truly happy for him if he can get clean. Underneath the drug habit is a pretty decent guy, I think. But that doesn't mean I want to get back together with him, at least not with only a bit more than a month drug-free (for both of us), and maybe not ever. It was such an ingrained thing: we did drugs. That became the basis of our relationship for a while and it would be soooo easy to fall back into that. That conversation, if it happens, is a long way off and I kind of doubt it will ever happen. I do like talking to him though; we were good friends for over a year before we started dating and it's kind of like that again, we are sort of getting reacquainted as friends, and from 200 miles apart. That distance is good for me.

That said, he's said some things in the last week that made me take a step back. Things like, "I know I'm trying to work it out with [baby mama] and I am giving it an honest effort with her, but I love you and I think about you every day and I can't wait to move back up there for fall semester." Whoa. This is why I'm keeping my distance; too much too soon for me.

[/hijack]