Thread: What do I do?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Missybuns

I suggest getting a new sponsor you feel comfortable with and get their guidance.

The steps are meant to be worked with a sponsor.

I got to step 4 with 3 different sponsors. None of them could or were willing to guide me through it. When I asked them to sponsor me none of us realized it would turn out that way, certainly not me. The first one quit me for her personal reasons. The second one admitted she couldnt continue giving be the time I deserved. The third one I found out I'd chosen someone who was not qualified or suitable after going over the first three with her.

I came to realize I needed to take sponsorship more seriously and learned to interview who I was going to put my recovery in the hands of! I had to take an honest look at why I chose the sponsors I had chosen.

I managed to find a sponsor I've had for 2 years now and about to finish all the steps with.

I asked several questions to see if she was suitable and willing to commit as well as trustworthy.

If you'd like to know the questions I asked when considering her, let me know and I will share them with you.

Sincerely,
Missy