Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
deadboy1977

She was at it again last night (solo at home alone of course).
I wrote her this note this am and its the last one I am writing....
--------------------
I am here for you because I care about you - do not take this as a lecture for it isn't.

Unfortunately I realize that no one can prevent anyone from drinking. It's obvious you hit the wine heavy again last night.

Binge drinkers (people like you) often don't believe that they have a problem with alcohol because they don't drink every day. They think that they're under control - but they're not.

Here's a simple self test for you to take as a "reality check". Be totally honest when/if you take the test. Share the results with me if you are comfortable doing so....what was your score??

untwist-your-thinking.com/alcohol-addiction. html

This can be a start to break any denial you may have. As you already know there are plenty of options - go to AA, speak to an addiction counselor, get recovery coaching, maybe rehab, etc. There are a lot of success stories with recovery coaching by phone or on Skype. But the help you decide to get is up to you. Whatever the choice, I know you can't do it alone and I will stand by your side and be there for you 100% because I love you!

Al Anon is a good support program to help family members and friends deal with drinking problems. I am planning on dropping in on their meeting this Saturday night. All the members at this meeting will be able to relate to my situation and I won't feel so alone.

The decision on the path forward is up to you!

I won't email you again about your drinking problem unless I hear otherwise from you.

Love,

Last edited by deadboy1977; 04-10-2009 at 05:08 AM.