Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
miss communicat

deadboy,

in addition to TTOSBT's advice to your intial question of what you should do, (run!) here is my suggestion of things you can do. they all involve self inquiry and being really honest with yourself. i am glad you are paying attention to her drinking. i'd also suggest you don't want to stop paying attention to things like:

1. how much of your attention/focus/good energy that could be used for better things is going out to her drinking problem?

2. honestly, do you really lover her dearly? is 2 months enough time to be fully comitted to a woman with a drinking problem? any woman with untreated alcoholism is like an actress in a charade. i speak from personal experience. i used to drink wine alone. after my alcoholism progressed, i began lying.....distancing....more lying.....suffice it to say, i did not love myself very much, therefore, i was not a great candidate for love partnership. just my experience. she may be different.

3. is this really healthy for you? what about the knot in your own stomach and the tension in your shoulders? At 2 months in love, you could be on cloud nine, experiencing joy nearly 100% of the time, not just in a sporadic intermittent pattern that is laced with intervals of anxiety, dread and suspicion.

The point i'm hoping to make is that I hope you take care of YOU. very good care. keep us posted.