View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Doug

The Mods keep up their own Forums. Most folks around all these Forums are adults, and know where "the lines" are, and most choose to test them anyway. Yes a thread in here was locked recently, has anybody other than me noticed how many are NOT LOCKED?

There's a reason we have such a wide range of Forums here, and why they keep growing, and that's so people have some choices. That said, there are other discussion Forums out there specifically built for bashing and trashing, if that's what folks want.

Back to SR, our rules as made by the OWNERS are clearly posted at the top of the Forums menu. Most every, if not all Forums have some sort of specific reminder "stickied" at the top to remind people what the Forum is for and about.

Some Mods like to try warnings, some Mods get tired of posting the same things, to the same people, about the same old issues, and move right into closing a thread. The Mods are "allowed" to do this, and that itself is mentioned in those pesky rules too. As is, when members have an issue with something, they need to take it into a Private Message, either with the Mod involved, or an Admin. (Myself or MG)

This is Alera's Forum to keep up. She volunteers her time to do it (as we all do) and based on what the owners want, she does her best at it.

Yes a thread was closed. Some others are, some others will be again. Many, many, many, many more have not been, and will not be. Everybody has some part in the events they are involved in, and some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.