View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

Thanks, coffee.

So last night was actually quite awesome. Let me take a minute to tell you about it.

My husband has been in a graduate program through the U of F for the last 3 years. It's designed for working professionals, so you only take 1 class a semester. It was an online program but he had to go for a remote weekend once a semester. It's been kind of a long 3 years. Work required him to do this, and they paid his tuition, but they would NOT pay any of his travel expenses for his remote trips - which TOTALLY sucked.

Hub is a HUGE sushi lover, and for about the past year he's been saying that he was going to have a big sushi party once he was finished with school. He came up with a personal challenge for himself: to eat 54 pieces of sushi, 2 for every exam he's taken over the past 3 years. The most he'd ever eaten prior to last night was 41 pieces, so this was a good bit more than that!

The other thing he said he wanted to do when school was over was to burn his books.

So we started at the sushi restaurant - where he succeeded in his challenge - and then we came home and started tearing up books. I even got some of my old tax and accounting books and added them to the pile! I haven't been in school since 1997 and it still felt surprisingly good to rip up my old books!!! We threw it all in a big metal trash can, doused it in lighter fluid, and set it ablaze - while "School's Out" played in the background. As the big, $350 UNUSED book burned, the soundtrack changed to "Ring of Fire".

Then we jammed to Guitar Hero: Metallica - as Metallica got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Ohio.

And we have no hangover today, and we had A LOT of fun last night.

Just thought I'd share that with y'all.