View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Mark75

sadlion

I hope you are going to come back here today after last night is just a (non?) memory.

We read many posts like yours, highly functioning, often younger people with their whole lives ahead of them, with their futures so bright they have to wear shades...

I did great in college, grad school... awesome wife (she's still awesome BTW), respect, admiration, beautiful kids, home... and... a brother and father who were alcoholic... my father was 24 years in AA before he died happy and at peace at 63 and my brother, who didn't have it all, then, now 23 years in AA, and has it all ...

I loved to drink, and other things, and had many years of relative sobriety, punctuated with many binges.... something went off in my head.... 5 (?) years ago.... daily drinker, anytime of the day... almost lost it all...

Listen to that voice inside your head. Go to AA, let us know how you are. Whether you really know it or not, no alcoholic is bigger or stronger than alcohol... that's why there is the 1st step... no one can do it themselves... that's why there is AA (or SR, LifeRing, etc).... and you need help to recover ... that's where the God (OK, higher power...)thing comes in....

Hope to hear back from you, welcome to SR!

Mark

Last edited by Mark75; 04-05-2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: typo