View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by prettypoison View Post
Congratulations!!!

I was just thinking about you because Metallica is in town here this weekend getting inducted -- rock on Getr!!!!
Thank you thank you!!

The whole thing airs on FUSE tonight, a cable channel which thankfully I get.

What's really cool about it is that when Metallica goes on the stage to do a few live songs at the ceremony, Jason Newstead (their bassist of 14 years) will be on stage playing with the band, reunited with Metallica for the first time since he left in 2001 because James would not let him do side projects and was just an all round control freak. A good chance tonight for James to make amends to somebody that we all know he wronged, due to his alcoholism. It's gonna be a great night, cool coincidence that it would fall on my 6 months mark.

They even invited their original guitarist Dave Mustaine (now of MEGADETH, and kicked out of Metallica back in the day for being too much of a drinker, lol...the irony of that!) but he cordially refused because he's on tour and wanted more than just an invite, i.e. he wanted to inducted into the Hall of Fame with Metallica and that's not gonna happen...