View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

Thumbs up

Thanks Least for starting this thread for me, and thanks everyone for the kind words and special thanks to Cubile75 for the Metallica reference, I laughed at that one. Metallica and James Hetfield in particular have been such a key part of my recovery and I don't know if I would be where I am without them in my life.

WOW, 6 months since I last had a drink. It's incredible and I'm so grateful for the support I've received here. I feel like I have learned so much and grown so much in the past 6 months, it's just beyond words I good I feel right now, like I'm gonna cry over my granola here this morning.

For the sake of complete accuracy, I have not been sober for 6 months, just free from the daily clutches of alcohol. When I came here, I was a chemical sponge, drinking every day, smoking pot, addicted to nicotine, popping pain pills recreationally and was pretty much up for anything if the circumstances were right. So while I do have 6 months without drinking, my really truly sober time is 33 days. That is because 33 days ago I spend a long weekend eating a total of like 10 Tylenol 3 w/ Codeine pills. Regretted it and finally learned from it though. It's been 45 days since I last smoked pot so if not for those pills I'd have 45 days true sobriety with like 4 and half months free from the nicotine addiction.

In any case, thanks again. Sobriety rocks!!