View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mle-sober
mle-sober

Hey Suzette,

Just what you need, huh?

I don't know. I feel for you. Obviously, I'm no doctor and I am not giving medical advice, just empathizing.

I'm hypoglycemic and when my blood sugar drops suddenly, I nearly faint and I feel extremely shaky and lightheaded. It's a horrible feeling. But it's very distinct and I don't slur my words. I just need to get protein in me and then I feel better quickly. It doesn't linger.

I do have some similar symptoms to yours from my bipolar meds. My husband gets up with kids in the night if they need it because I'm basically incapable. I will stumble and slur and knock around like I'm drunk. So, maybe it's that?

I hate to alarm and this is probably wrong but I can't help but think there's a possibility that you had a minor stroke. Especially since you are still having some symptoms. Is there any difference between the right and left side of your face? The way they look or feel? Has your doctor mentioned that possibility? The numbness, the slurred sleech, the off-kilter.... I guess I would take my doctor up on a CAT scan. It sounds like he suggested that?

Let us know how things progress, okay?

- Emilie