View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Toomutch

Strange night - Strange day

It all started last night about 11:00. Kaylee came in my room with an earache, so I got up to look in her ear and make sure it hadn't ruptured. While in the middle of my assesment I started feeling very strange. My ears began ringing, the left side of my face went numb and I tried to speak and it came out all slured and garbled. I started holding onto my head on either side because I felt so strange, tried to walk and fell right into the door jam. Kaylee was saying "mom get in bed" I tried to walk and my left leg went numb and buckled beneath me. I got myself situated in bed and was sweating. Anyway I went right to sleep.

I phoned the call center thismorning and they immeadiately put a cardioligist on the phone. He said I could go to the E.R., make an appointment for a cat scan of the head or speak with my GP.

GP called and said he thought it was more than likely a drop in blood pressure. We talked for awhile and he said he would do whatever he could to help my disability claim to go through because he knows I suffer both mentally and physically.

About an hour later mental health called me and said that GP was concerned and began asking me questions. Next they said they were going to put a message through to my psychiatrist for him to call me.

Meantime I am thinking wtf? Do they think I'm crazy? I am glad to be getting the medical attention from my doctors, but the fact that they keep passing me on down the line without my even asking seems very weird to me.

Has anyone ever been through such a scenerio?