Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
jimhere

Originally Posted by LosingmyMisery View Post
I disagree. I have done the steps and have no desire to attend church, period. I think you are confused on that matter, but since you have never done the steps, I don't understand how you have come to that conclusion? I guess it just fits nicely into your AA/church analogy. I hope you find something you can work with. You are right on one thing, your options are limited and so is your time.
True. I am not a church goer. Like I said, I tried to be one and it didn't work for me. In fact I went a little nuts, and that was after having taken the steps. I do have some definite spiritual practices, but those have nothing to do with attending church. For some people, church is one of their practices. As for me, I belong to a church that is everywhere and nowhere and is not made with hands.

There are lot of people, both in AA and outside of AA that spout off opinions about experiences they've never had. This is just another example of that, not condemning anyone, but it is a fact. I've been guilty of same. I spent years talking out of my a** about subjects of which I knew little or nothing.
Jim