View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Pancake

Hello Xge910,

Nice to meet you! I have now been sober for 3 months. It took me until almost the end of two of those months to begin sleeping again. I can so understand your frusteration of no sleep and also all you others who are struggling! It feels like it will "never come back" but I promise it will in time.

I have tons of allergies and I take 2 non-drowsy Benadryls about two hours before bedtime. One for my allergies and two, they do make me kinda sleepy. About a half hour before bedtime I take 2 melatonins (yes! they are completely natural) Melatonins help to "Regulate" your sleep pattern once you are asleep and I find they really help! I read hoards of information re: the Benadryls but that is all I take of those and my doctor knows it so I do not feel I am addicted or any other wiered thing like that. As I said, I also have bad allergies and they stop me from sneezing attachs in the middle of the night...most times! LOL

It is very important to realize that ones body is going through a multitude of changes in the beginning stages of Sobriety! I know that is little consolation when you are Dogg Tired but at least sort of an explanation. Please just "Hangeth Thou In there"! try soft meditational music or other things and stay sober...it will eventually come back to some kind of decent pattern. I also started to read for an hour or two before sleep time "IN bed no noise etc." and that sure helped.

All the best to you xge910 and everyone else!

Love Pancake xo