Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

I started with a VERY temporary product made by L'Oreal. It was a mousse and the box said it washed out in 4 - 8 shampoos. The color I got was called Chilled Plum. It was kind of like a red wine color with a hint of purple. I loved it. After that I quit with the home, over-the-counter stuff and hit the hair salon.

I've had a stylist or two who was WAY more nervous about coloring my hair than I was about having it colored. I've brought in magazine pictures, and I've even brought in my laptop with web pages pulled up (pictures of Joss Stone and Pixie Acia) to show them exactly what I'm looking for. It took my hair girl about 3 times of dying my hair various shades of red before she'd go with the hot pink that I'd been wanting. I got more compliments with that pink hair!!!

I think now I've done just about every shade of red and pink possible, from the brightest hot pink to a deep, rich magenta. I've also covered purple (which turned blue when it started to fade) and midnight blue (which is so dark it actually looks black).

I love it and I can't imagine going back to my boring old brown hair. To be honest I have no idea if my hair is starting to turn gray or not because it constantly stays colored.

It's about time to do it again. Maybe y'all can help me decide what to do this next time.